The Research Tools are now available at the NeuroSky Store
The NeuroSky Research Tools enables researchers to use the MindWave and MindWave Mobile as a data collection device. Using the cost effective and user-friendly features of MindWave and MindWave Mobile in conjunction with the Research Tools allows researchers to broaden the scope of their research and to make efficient use of resources.
The tools includes NeuroView and NeuroSkyLab which are specialized tools and applications that will allow you to use the MindWave and MindWave Mobile to research and understand the behaviors of brainwaves at a low level, giving you the potential to develop your own brainwave-based algorithms. The Research Tools can be useful for anyone, from developers, to novice brain wave & electroencephalography (EEG) researchers just getting their feet wet, to experienced Electroencephalography researchers who wish to explore advanced analysis of the EEG measured by the MindWave and MindWave Mobile.
The tools do not include a headset and are Windows Compatible only.
The NeuroView software makes it easy to connect, graph, view, and record MindSet data in real time. The tools also includes the more advanced NeuroSkyLab MATLAB module, which adds the ability to define custom MATLAB scripts and functions for customized processing and analysis of MindSet data.
The MindWave and MindWave Mobile
- Reports the wearer’s mental state in the form of NeuroSky proprietary Attention & Meditation eSense™ algorithms.
- Captures brainwave signals from 0 -100Hz.
- Provides information on a user’s Delta, Theta, Alpha, Beta, and Gamma brainwave band power levels
- Versatile- applicable to any industry
Research Tools (MRT)
NeuroView is designed to be appropriate for novice to intermediate EEG researchers wishing to view and record EEG data in realtime. The recorded data can be easily exported to other third-party applications for downstream data analysis and processing.
- Connect to ThinkGear modules/headsets through the COM ports on your computer
- Record data from connected ThinkGear modules/headsets into log files, which can then be opened in Excel, MATLAB, or other programs for further analysis
- View data in meters and graphs received in real time from connected ThinkGear modules/headsets for immediate feedback during data collection experiments
- Send Command Bytes to connected ThinkGear modules/headsets to customize and configure them (such as enabling raw sampling wave output on headsets that do not output raw wave data by default)
NeuroSkyLab is targeted at the more advanced EEG researcher who is familiar with the MATLAB environment. For those comfortable with MATLAB scripting, NeuroSkyLab provides much more powerful capabilities than NeuroView in terms of customization and realtime data viewing and analysis.
Record data directly from the headset and save it on disk
Record key-stroke event latencies along with the EEG data
Plot data, spectrum, attention and meditation measures, and possibly other custom measures applied in real-time to the data
Replay old data files
Export data into the EEGLAB free software for more advanced analysis
For more information on NeuroSky’s products, visit the Product Page